Monday, November 18, 2013

Better! Kinda!

I am feeling much better. I kicked depression in its ass! WOOT! YEAH SWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG. Only now the issue is that Claire hasn't spoken a word to me in like forever. She hasn't returned my texts, my calls, and I haven't seen her at school. I seriously hope she's okay.

Also: I just killed Caesar in F:NV and Boone has the fucking coolest one-liner ever.

"Thumbs down you son of a bitch." - NCR Veteran Sniper Craig Boone

If you don't really know what that means, basically in Roman times (The faction in Fallout is called Caesar's Legion, and they emulate ancient Rome.), in the gladiatorial arena, when two gladiators went at it to fight, one would remain victorious over the other. If the loser survived, the winner would step on the loser's chest and force him to the ground. Then he would look to the Emperor of Rome, and the Emperor would stick his thumb out to the side and if he put it up, the loser would be spared, if he put it down, the loser would die. Boone's a badass.

Also when you confront Caesar after fucking the Legion over at every turn, he'll go on this entire monologue about how much you've fucked him over. Just read this.
Caesar: You're the courier who's caused so much trouble for my Legion, and yet you dare come before me. Vulpes Inculta, the best of my frumentarii, is dead. All the bribes I sent to the Omertas ended up buying me nothing. The Great Khans aren't exactly clamoring to fight for my Legion now. The garrison I established at Nelson has been wiped out. Years of meticulous scheming to place a mole at Camp McCarran - wasted. The Kings of Freeside are cooperating with the NCR now, which frees up soldiers to defend the dam. You even disrupted a promising weapons deal with the Van Graffs. So tell me this, because I really want to know: I am feared - with good reason - but you of all people dare to come before me, the mighty Caesar. What were you thinking?
Courier: Death to tyrants! <Start combat.>
 
I think I'll just post the most badass stuff from New Vegas here. (From TV Tropes.org if you want to see more)
 
  • The Courier has lots more chances of being witnessed performing unusual deeds than in previous games, making him a bit more believable as a great hero. One particular moment comes from retrieving a fallen Ranger's corpse, which was being used by Fiends to ambush other rangers and NCR soldiers. Literally carrying his body back to an NCR position has you stating a few things about yourself, and the soldiers there responding in actual awe:
    Courier: I just did what anyone else would have done.
    NCR Soldier: Bullshit! Anyone else would have gotten killed!
    • Or a little more boastful:
      Courier: Now the Fiends and the NCR know not to fuck with me!
      NCR soldier: No fucking kidding!
    • Or one that while modest, is no less badass:
      Courier: I made a promise to Private Morales.
      NCR Soldier: That must be some code of honor you hold yourself to. Don't worry, no need for you to hoist him over your shoulder and haul him all the way back to California, like I know you would if you had to.
    • There's also dialogue if you retrieve the body at full health and return without taking a single point of damage.
      NCR Soldier: Oh my god. How the fuck did you do that!?!
 
 
Note: Also someone translated the binary, mainly because I was too damn lazy to do it myself. "just sleep, it'll begin soon".
Probably just Greg fuckin' with me. Whatever! See you guys! - C

No comments:

Post a Comment